24.06.1969 – Notary Jacques VAN WETTER, IXELLES
Known as “the inventor of the Belgian praline”, Neuhaus has been a stable name in Belgium since 1857. The story began when Jean Neuhaus, the founder, opened his shop in the Galerie de la Reine in Brussels. This shop continues to thrive here today.
Although Neuhaus initially specialised in pharmaceutical confectionery, Jean Neuhaus’ descendants increasingly focused on the sale of chocolate, creating the first Belgian praline and box in 1912. Pralines are still made in the factories located near Brussels. By notarial act drawn up on 24 June 1969, the owners of the Maison Neuhaus set up the “Neuhaus limited company” with its registered office in Anderlecht. Maison Neuhaus is now present in about fifty countries and in more than 60 airports around the world. Neuhaus has been a official supplier to the Belgian Court since 2000.